Stuck Inside Columbus with the Wrigley Blues Again

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It was ugly, but a "W" is a "W"

What a way to open the season!

The Cubs managed to put up 16 runs and still look awful. The bright spot of the day, and hopefully the season was Matt Murton. I wonder if Dusty had heart palpitations when he filled out a line-up card with two rookies starting.

Scott Williamson looked pretty familiar to Reds fans. D-Lee dropped an easy throw from Aramis. Big Z did not have his stuff. Dusty double-switched every time he got a chance- and got Neifi into the line up as soon as possible. The bullpen is being overworked already.

But now that the negativity is out of my system, I will say that I'm excited to see real baseball again. It was a long winter. I'm not worried about Zambrano- he'll find his stride and hitting is always ahead of pitching early in the season. I'm excited about the possibility of a whole season of Matt Murton in left. I still don't trust Dusty, but if Murton plays well, Dusty won't have a choice but to play him.

It's only one game, but at least it's a win. If the Cubs can pull off 13-14 more in April, they'll be on track for a playoff spot. Let's get #2 tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for information!!

    See More Game

    By Blogger Alina, at 10:36 PM  

  • Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home