Stuck Inside Columbus with the Wrigley Blues Again

Monday, April 10, 2006

Nothing Beats a Sweep

A sweep of the Cardinals is a great way to start the work week.

The sad truth is, I fell asleep on the couch in the top of the 8th with the Cubs still down 4-3. I woke up to the cold wet nose of a lonely Rottweiler at 2:30 a.m., to find the "ticker" showing a Cubs win. I fell asleep to nightmares, but went back to sleep to happy dreams.

From the 7 innings I did see, Marshall looked good. I liked his stuff, his poise. I think he's a solid #2 or #3 in the making. A 2007 of Zambrano, Prior, Marshall, Guzman, Maddux, sounds pretty good to me. I didn't forget about Wood, but I thought including Prior on this list was about as optimistic as one could be without being labeled delusional.

Wuertz manned up against Encarnacion and then gave up a hit to Pujols. I'm o.k. with that. Pujols is the reigning MVP. I wasn't expecting a sweep, and would never expect the Cubs to hold Pujols hitless for a series. It's just too unrealistic. Averages catch up at some point and Wuertz drew the short stick.

I'm still concerned about the "long-ball or lose" offense that the Cubs seem to be carrying over from last year, but I'll think about that later. Right now, we all deserve to just sit back and savor the sweep.

Side note: I hate living on Eastern Time during baseball season. I intend to retire on Pacific Time, so east coast day games are on in the morning and west coast evening games start at 7:00.

2 Comments:

  • Just reading, hearing about spring training games gets me so excited about the Cubs Season. Cant wait to see how the year plays out. Also happened to find some Wrigley Field Photos on this guys website. Gotta love watching a game at wrigley.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing....

    Just See This!

    By Blogger Alina, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home